Beef Liver Puree for Dehydrated or Weak Pets
Beef Liver Puree is used to help puppies or kittens regain energy and assist in hydration after intestinal upset such as vomiting and diarrhea, often used for puppies with Parvovirus.
Use the Beef Liver Puree recipe once your puppy or kitten has stabilized and is no longer vomiting.
Yields 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup beef liver
- 1/4 banana
- 1/2 cup oat water (or enough oat water to make the puree’ thin enough to bring up into a syringe) **
- 1 medical syringe or eye dropped (from your drug store)
- To prepare the beef liver, boil approximately 1/4 cup of meat until thoroughly cooked.
- Then empty the meat into a blender.
- Add 1/4 of a peeled banana and 1/2 cup of oat water to the blender container before blending operation (or enough oat water to make the solution thin so you can pull it up into a syringe).
- Blend to a smooth puree.
- An alternative to using oat water mixture; you can dab molasses directly onto the gums – to help keep the glucose levels up.
- How to administer Beef Liver solution.
- Fill the dropper or syringe with the beef liver.
- Holding your dog’s head still with one hand, insert the tip of the dropper or syringe into a corner of the mouth, between the cheek and the teeth, aiming toward the back of your dog’s head.
- • Do not tilt your dog’s head back; this may cause him to inhale the liquid. Squeeze the dropper or depress the syringe plunger slowly.
- • Hold your dog’s mouth closed and stroke his throat or blow on his nose to encourage swallowing.
- If you don’t have a helper handy, you may want to sit on the floor and hold the front of your dog’s body partially against your body or on your lap. If you have a large dog, you can stand behind your dog and have him sit back against your legs. Sometimes it helps to back your dog into a corner.
- Small dogs can be wrapped in a large towel and held against your body, leaving only the head free. Be sure not to wrap your small dog too tightly.
- If your dog struggles, talk to him calmly and stop administering the medicine if he becomes extremely agitated. Contact your veterinarian if you have questions or run into any problems.
|Beef Liver Puree|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||1|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||4.4|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Dehydrated Pets, Diarrhea, Intestinal upset, Parvovirus, Vomiting, Weak Pets Recipe For Dogs