Cancer Support Diet Dogs 1
This diet is designed to help dogs cope with cancer and provides them with a healthy portion of chicken for protein. Combining cruciferous vegetables such kale and broccoli with garlic and rosemary provides essential antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to bolster their immune system.
Where possible us only organic ingredients and distilled water to reduce the amount of chemicals entering into your pets body.
Yields 130 ounces
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4 cups butternut squash
- 1 1/4 cup green split pea
- 1/2 cup broccoli *
- 1/2 cup kale *
- 1/4 cup chicken liver
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 5 cups water, distilled
- 2 tbs. rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. garlic, fresh
- Chop gizzards into 1 inch chunks or process for 15 seconds in a food processor.
- Add water, oil and gizzards to a 6 quart slow cooker pot.
- Dice chicken thighs and liver into 1 inch pieces (partially freezing the meat will help slicing them quicker).
- Chop broccoli and butternut squash into 1/2 inch or 1 inch cubes and remove skin from squash. Finely chop rosemary, kale and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients into slow cooker, stirring occasionally and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until split peas have turned soft.
- Turn off the cooker and allow the soup to cool prior to mixing in your pets supplements.
- *Alternate vegetables with broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, kale, brussel sprouts
- This recipe courtesy of Urban Jungle Pets
|Cancer Support Diet 1|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||16 1/3|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||11.68|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Canine Cancer Diet Cooked, Healthy meal