Cancer Support Turkey Recipe
This recipe is slightly higher in meat protein, something dogs with cancer require when struggling with cancer. Banana’s adds extra potassium required for muscle retention and wheat germ provides an extra kick of vitamin E to strengthen your dog’s immune system.
Where possible us only organic ingredients and distilled water to reduce the amount of chemicals entering into your pets body.
Yields 118 ounces
- 3 pounds turkey ground or chunk
- 4 cups sweet potato
- 1 cup spinach or kale*
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tbs. rosemary fresh
- 1 garlic clove fresh
- 2 apples (any apples)
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 wheat germ
- 1 cup water distilled
- 3 tablespoons eggshell calcium powder
- Dice sweet potato. Finely chop spinach (or kale), garlic and rosemary.
- Combine turkey, sweet potato, spinach (kale), oil, rosemary and garlic in a slow cooker, give it a good stir and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once cooked allow batch to cool.
- In the meantime, core and dice apples and mash bananas.
- Once batch has cooled; stir in apples, bananas, wheat germ and pet supplements mixing well.
- *Alternate vegetables with broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, kale, brussel sprouts
- This recipe courtesy of Urban Jungle Pets
|Cancer Support Turkey|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||15|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||12.36|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Cancer Diet, Healthy meal