Canine (and kitties) Chicken Soup
Soups and broths are useful for many pets. They are good when your pet’s appetite is poor, during modified fasting, or when you need to feed lightly for a couple of days.
- 2 Chicken breasts, raw
- 1/2 cup Barley, pearl, raw
- 1/4 tbs Olive oil
- 2 oz. Chicken liver
- 1/2 cup Carrot, raw, finely chopped or grated
- 1 Egg, raw
- 1 litre Water
- Add water, barley and carrot to pan and simmer.
- Once the barley is soft and cooked, turn heat down, and whisk in 1 egg.
- Allow broth to cool and store in sealed container refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze in single serving freezer bags.
- The fluid can be given on day one, offering more liquid than energy, and then on day two the meaty broth mixture can be fed in several small meals.
- This recipe is courtesy of Dr Barbara Fougere’s The Pet Lovers Guide to Natural Healing for Cats and Dogs
|Canine (and kitties) Chicken Soup|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||4 6/7|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||3.67|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Dehyrated Pets, Poor appetite, Weak Pets Recipe For Dogs