Charlies Birthday Cake
You dont need to spend a lot of money on a cake at a fancy dog barkery, you can make up this nutritious treat (to be meted out during the week) for much less.
We all love to make a fuss over our dogs and this cake can make you feel good about offering your dog..and cats!
Yields 4 6 servings
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup polenta, bran or rolled oats
- 11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 500 g chicken ground
- 30 ml honey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 container (125 g) spreadable cream cheese
- Dog Biscuits, as needed to decorate cake
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add the chicken, honey, egg, yogurt and oil. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done and a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cake rack to cool.
- Ice the cake with cream cheese (thin cheese, if needed, with a little milk) and decorate with the dog biscuits.
- Refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 week.
|Charlies Birthday Cake Cooked|
|Total number of servings:||4 6|
|Nutrition Facts per 5 serving|
|Total Fat g.||20.26|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Birthday Cake