Diet For Kidney Problems Feline
When your cat is faced with kidney disease they need a higher quality source of protein and lower levels of phosphorus.
This recipe includes the use of egg’s providing cat’s with proper source of nutrition while keeping phosphorus levels down.
You can also add a little distilled water to this recipe to increase your cats water intake.
Yields 31 ounces
- 1-1/3 cups (2/3 pound) ground chicken, turkey or lean heart
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed safflower oil
- 1,500 milligrams calcium
- 1/8 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1/8 teaspoon potassium chloride (optional, for a saltier flavor)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely grated carrot or other vegetable (optional)
- 5,000 IU vitamin A
- Taurine and other cat vitamins (about 5 days’ worth)
- 50 milligram level B complex (or 10 milligrams per day)
- 2,500 milligrams vitamin C (½ teaspoon sodium ascorbate)
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Serve raw if the cat will accept it.
- Otherwise, mix all but the vitamins together, bake about 20 minutes in a moderate oven and then wait until it cools to mix in the vitamins.
- Occasionally, substitute 1 to 3 teaspoons of liver for part of the meat.
- Recipe courtesy of Pamper Your Cat, 100 Recipes For Your Feline Friend
|Diet For Kidney Problems Feline Raw|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||4|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||12.63|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.
Feline Kidney Disease