Fruit Squares Doggie Treats
This recipe has just about every fruit imaginable! Definitely a hearty treat for dogs.
Yields 15 ounces
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple (make sure you don’t use any apple seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and honey.
- In a small bowl, combine apple, dried cherries, and apricots. Add to the flour mixture, using your hands; toss the fruits with the flour, coating them evenly.
- In a large measuring cup, beat together, one whole egg, and one egg white (you can save the egg yolk from the second egg to cook in the evening meal), orange juice, and oil. Mix well.
- Add the flour and fruit mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is thoroughly mixed and evenly moistened.
- Place mixture in a brownie pan that you have sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Make sure that you press the mixture down evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden, and you can use a toothpick inserted in the center until it comes out clean to test to see if this is cooked.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Using a knife cut into bite size pieces.
- These should be stored in an airtight container.
- Yields approximately 20 treats.
|Fruit Squares Doggie Treats|
|Total number of servings:||20 treats|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||1.27|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Healthy Treats