Warm comfort food for pets. Can be served with either raw or cooked meat, change up the veggies for variety.
Our dogs get this every evening for dinner, with 1/4-1/2c kibble mixed in, depending on size of dog.
Yields 67 ounces
- 1 pound ground beef — *see Note
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups vegetables — *see Note
- 2 whole eggs — **see Note
- 1 can mackerel, canned
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 pound chicken liver — or gizzards
- Puree veggies, either in a blender, processor, grinder, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together in a big pot.
- Add enough water to cover, mix well.
- If you feed raw, which we do, place into containers, enough for one feeding in each, and freeze. We use plastic baggies.
- If you don’t feed raw, cover the pot and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When it is done cooking, cool, and place into containers or baggies, enough for one feeding in each and freeze.
- Simply get out in the morning to thaw in the fridge.
- Change them meat and include either ground beef, ground turkey, ground venison, etc.
- * Ffresh veggies options: broccoli, asparagus, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, spinach, kale.
- ** Feed 1 cup per 15 lbs. body weight.
- Use the eggshells too. Rince and dry the shells then grind them into a fine powder in a clean coffee grinder and add to recipe for a natural source of calcium.
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||8 3/8|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||11.8|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Easy recipe, Healthy meal