Heart Healthy Chicken and Rice
Chicken hearts is inexpensive protein source. Containing a greater source of zinc, copper and vitamin B’s than any other part of the chicken.
Brown rice adds extra fiber and more B’s to the table.
Lower in sodium content in this recipe makes it an ideal heart healthy choice and the smaller pieces of meat makes it easier to chop for small dogs and cats or leave whole for the larger guys.
Yields 95 ounces
- 2 lb. chicken hearts
- 1/4 cup chicken liver
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 zucchinis (medium size)
- 2 tbs. sunflower seed oil
- 1 tsp. potassium chloride
- 1 can sardines (3.5 oz.) in water
- 3 tbs. nutritional yeast
- Dice hearts, liver and zucchini into small chunks.
- Add water, chicken hearts, liver, zucchini, oil and potassium chloride in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Simmer on low for 4 – 6 hours or until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allowing it to cool.
- Stir in sardines and nutritional yeast.
|Heart Healthy Chicken and Rice|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||12|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||8.67|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Healthy meal, Inexpensive