Homemade Supplements For Cats (30 Day Serving)
This recipe is a perfect way to complete your cat’s homemade dish.
Ground raw sunflower seeds are natural source of nutrients including vitamin B, E selenium and manganese.
Kelp, dulse and spirulina contain an array of nutrients including iodine, vitamin B and K, plus they help pull toxins from the body and have antibiotic activity.
Gelatin is a mixture of proteins extracted from animal collagen. It’s often used for bone and joint health, digestive aid and a good source of amino acids including L-proline, L-hydroxyproline and glycine.
Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and helps protect strengthen the immune system and collagen, it’s a natural anti-inflammatory and antihistamine too.
Note: If your cat has problems with iodine or has hyperthyroid issues omit the kelp and dulse from this recipe.
- 1/2 cup gelatin powder, plain
- 2 tablespoons kelp powder
- 2 tablespoons dulse powder
- 1/4 cup spirulina powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted, shelled and raw
- 2 teaspoons calcium-ascorbate powder
- 9 teaspoons taurine
- 400 iu vitamin E powder
- 4 tablespoon liver, freeze dried and powdered
- 6 tablespoons eggshell calcium powder **
- Grind sunflower seeds into a powder using a coffee grinder. Careful not to fill the grinder to the maximum since the sunflower seeds will double in size.
- To make powdered liver, purchase freeze dried liver treats and grind in coffee grinder.
- To make powdered eggshell calcium; wash eggshells in plain warm water (do not remove the membrane inside, it contains nutrients too). Dry eggshells in over or toaster over at 120 F for 20 minutes or until dry. Keep a close eye on them; burnt eggshells smell horrible!
- Place a couple eggshells in your coffee grinder and grind to a smooth powder ensuring there is no more shards left.
- Combine balance of the ingredients together mixing well and store in a glass jar.
- ** You will need 18 organic eggshells to make 6 tablespoons of powdered eggshell calcium.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 6 months.
- Sprinkle 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon per meal twice a day.
- This recipe will make enough supplement to last a 1 cat house hold 90 days.
|Homemade Supplement for cats (30 Days)|
|Recipe yields approx. total ounces:||4.2|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||1/2|
|Nutrition Facts per 1 teaspoon|
|Total Fat g.||0.21|
|Omega 3 g.||0.33|
|Omega 6 g.||43.13|
|Vitamin A iu.||386.88|
|Vitamin C mg.||43.68|
|Vitamin D iu.||0.03|
|Vitamin E mg.||4.96|
|Vitamin B6 mg.||0.13|
|Vitamin B12 mcg.||1.35|
|Pantothenic Acid mg.||0.17|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.
Note: We have included as much nutritionals information for this supplement as available to us at this current time.