Kitties Favorite Treats
Simple and healthy treats to try on your kitty. We also add a spoon full of catnip or finely diced fresh cat grass to the recipe; gives it a nice twist.
Yields 60 treats
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- In a blender or processor whirl chicken, egg and broth until smooth.
- Scrape into bowl. Add cornmeal and 1/2 cup flour, stir until moistened.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 2 hrs. Then roll out 1/4 in thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut into 1/2 in squares or triangles. Scatter on 3 greased 12 x 15 baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 until golden (about 15 min.)
- Remove from oven, stir in pans and let cool.
- Refrigerate airtight up to 2 weeks, freeze for longer storage.
- Yields approximately 60 treats.
- 1 tsp. catnip
- 1 tbsp. of fresh cat grass
|Kitties Favorite Treats|
|Total number of servings:||60 treats|
|Nutrition Facts per serving|
|Total Fat g.||0.4|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Easy Treats, Healthy Treats