Great for dogs or cats feeling a bit under the weather; or as gravy mix over kibble.
This recipe is excellent following surgery, where appetite is poor and protein needs are high.
Yields 64 ounces
- 25 oz. lamb, raw, lean
- 2 litres water
- 1 cup carrot, raw, grated, diced
- 1/4 cup barley, raw, pearl
- 1 tbs. parsley, raw
- Cut up meat and place in pan. Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 90 minutes then add barley and carrot and simmer for a further 60 minutes.
- Add parsley towards the end of cooking.
- Allow to cool, and remove any excess fat.
- Divide into several meals over 1 to 2 days.
- Recipe courtesy of Dr Barbara Fougere’s The Pet Lovers Guide to Natural Healing for Cats and Dogs
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||8|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||6.17|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.
Easy recipe, Weak Pets Recipe For Cats, Weak Pets Recipe For Dogs