Lamb Potato Lima Bean Stew
Tasty and yet really simple comfort food for your special dog (or cat).
For older pets add some fresh parsley, turmeric and ginger to detox and circulate the blood.
Yields 75 ounces
- 1 cup lima beans
- 2 cups chicken broth (unsalted)
- 2 cups water
- 3 pounds boneless legs of lamb cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a saucepan cover lima beans with water and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour, then drain.
- In a large soup pot with a cover, brown lamb, add beans, chicken broth and the 2 cups of water.
- Cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until meat and beans are tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Combine flour and cold water, whisk until it’s smooth.
- Stir into the stew mixture and place over low heat, cooking until thickened, stir frequently.
- Let cool and add the flaxseed oil.
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
|Lamb Potato Lima Bean Stew|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||9 1/2|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||12.32|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Healthy meal