If this is what mutts eat than sign me up! “Muttloaf”? This is better than what we have time to make for ourselves!
Nothing but the best will do for our little prince charming. And yes; we are guilty of sneaking a nibble here and there….
Yields 47 ounces
- 1/2 cup amaranth or barley
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup oats, rolled (raw)
- 1/4 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach finely chopped
- 1/4 cup zucchini finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add amaranth and chicken broth to sauce pan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl add meat, cottage cheese, veggies, and eggs.
- Mix thoroughly. Add wheat germ, cooled amaranth and olive oil mix well.
- Add mixture to loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
- Amaranth can be found in a health food store, if not use barley.
- Barley will need 4 cups of broth and 50 minutes to cook.
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||6|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||14.08|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Healthy meal