Feel like treating your dog to fine dining? Rabbit is lean and dense in nutrients making this dish a must for our pooch.
Rich with natural goodness and hardy, fit enough to serve to any working hound.
Yields 149 ounces
- 2 cups barley
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups rabbits boned, *See Note
- 1/2 cup kale chopped fine
- 1/2 cup asparagus chopped fine
- 1/2 cup lima beans chopped fine
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped fine
- 1 cup potato chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- In a large pot, place the bones and chicken broth. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the long cooking Wild Rice and Barley, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- After 20 minutes add the rabbit, cook another 30 minutes.
- Wash and chop the vegetables, place in a mixing bowl, add canola oil and yogurt, mix.
- Allow Barley and Wild Rice to cool.
- Remove bones. Drain liquid if needed.
- Pour into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers in portions in separate containers.
- 2 rabbits, 4 to 6 pounds, bone the rabbit and cube to the size for your dog. Add the bones to the chicken broth.
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||18 3/4|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||6.22|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Game Meat, Healthy meal