Simple Chicken Gravy Topper
We use this gravy whenever our pets go off their food or have a hankering for something different. Really simple to make and freezes well in ice cube trays for quick use.
Yields 17 ounces
- 1/4 cup chicken liver
- 1/2 cup chicken gizzard (or heart and gizzard mixture)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cook chicken liver and gizzard in 2 cups water until tender.
- Drain meat, reserving broth.
- Chop liver and gizzard.
- In a small saucepan add broth, flour, salt, and chopped meat. Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until gravy thickens.
- Optional; puree in blender for a smoother consistency.
- Allow to cool and pour into ice cube trays or glass container.
|Simple Chicken Gravy Topper|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||2 2/9|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||0.99|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Food Topper