Sweet Chicken Dinner for healthy coat
Give your dog a shiner coat and healthy skin with this recipe; the addition of pumpkin and blackstrap molasses will enhance the sheen of your dog’s coat. Plus, dogs go crazy of the taste of blackstrap molasses.
For active dogs, increase the fat by leaving the chicken skin on.
Yields 71 ounces
- 3 lb. chicken light and dark meat, skinless
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup brown rice *
- 2 tbs. blackstrap molasses
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil a roasting pan.
- Put chicken in pan and roast for 20 – 30 minutes or until meat juices run clear when pierced. Let cool.
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions.
- Once chicken has cooled remove all bones and dice into 1/2 – 1 inch pieces.
- Mix together the pumpkin, chicken and yogurt.
- Put the rice in the bottom of the feeding bowl, top with chicken mixture and drizzle with molasses on top.
- * Brown rice can be substituted with barley
|Sweet Chicken Dinner for healthy coat|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||9|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||9|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.
Healthy meal, Skin & Coat