Sweet Doggie Breath Cookies
Love doggie kisses but WOW it can be stinky at times! Stop buying store bought cookies that dont work, try this breath freshening, immune boosting biscuit.
Rosemary boosts the immune system thanks to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
Mint contains a number of vitamins and minerals, which are vital to maintain a healthy body and inhibits the growth of many different types of bacteria and fungus.
Yields 24 treats
- 3 teaspoons activated charcoal (available in fish section of pet shops)
- 1⁄2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 cup bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup acidophilus milk
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF
- Process the charcoal in a coffee grinder until finely ground.
- Mix the flour, bran, polenta and charcoal together in a bowl. Stir in the other ingredients.
- Form into bite-sized patties and place on a greased biscuit tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until dry and hard.
- Makes 24 medium biscuits
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
|Sweet Doggie Breath Cookies|
|Total number of servings:||24 treats|
|Nutrition Facts per 1 serving|
|Total Fat g.||2.87|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.Bad Breath, Healthy Treats