This one is simple and we change up the fish depending on what goes on sale, even better if you can find cuts of fish with the skin still on.
A cheaper and more nutritious version is purchasing whole fish; be sure to remove all of the bones, fins and head after its cooked.
Yields 86 ounces
- 3 pounds walleye pike fillets
- 2 ounces chicken livers — diced fine
- 2 cups fish stock
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup kale, frozen
- 1/2 cup green beans, frozen
- 1/4 cup collard greens, frozen
- 1/4 cup corn, frozen
- 1/4 cup potatoes, frozen
- 1 tablespoon cod liver oil
- Pre-heated oven to 350 F.
- In a baking dish add walleye fillets diced chicken livers, pour in fish stock and cod liver oil, add frozen veggies, cover and bake 20 to 30 minutes or till done.
- In a large bowl add cooked rice, and the juices from the baking dish along with the cooked veggies, mix well.
- Chunk the walleye into a size for your dog and mix well, if needed chop vegetables to a size for your dog.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Freeze leftovers or keep in fridge covered.
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||10 6/7|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||4.1|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.