Yummy Chicken Cat Food Raw
Brings out the kitten in your cat and go raw!
Choosing to feed your cat raw food gives your cat a healthy advantage. You’ll notice the condition of their skin and coat will improve along with healthier gums and teeth.
Cats that have been consuming dry or commercial food may require a higher fiber diet for the first month or two to help keep things moving. Feel free to reduce the amount of grains and veggies after the third month.
Yields 45 ounces
- 3 cups raw or lightly cooked ground chicken
- 1/3 cup raw or slightly cooked liver
- 1/2 cup raw or slightly cooked heart
- 1 raw chicken or turkey neck, ground or finely chopped (be sure not to cook)
- 1 cup well-cooked grain (oats, rice, barley or cornmeal)
- 1/2 cup well-cooked vegetable (broccoli, zucchini, carrots, squash or green beans)
- 1 raw egg
- 1 teaspoon fish oil
- 3000 mg taurine
- 4 teaspoons eggshell powder
- Mix all ingredients together, and then divide into individual portions.
- The less you cook the ingredients, the more nutritious it will be for you cat.
- If you freeze the individual portions, they will keep for several weeks and you can defrost one a day.
- When thawing, try not to use the microwave or another cooking method, since this will reduce nutrient levels. Instead, let food thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- To warm it, place the food in a plastic bag with zipper closure, and then immerse the bag into hot (not boiling) water for 10 minutes.
- Because this mixture is slightly lower in calories than dry cat food, you will need to serve slightly more of it in comparison.
|Yummy Cat Food Chicken Raw|
|Total number of 1 cup servings:||5 2/3|
|Nutrition Facts per 8 ounce serving|
|Total Fat g.||14.11|
Always remember to balance each meal with vitamin and calcium supplements; visit Natural Urban Pets and stock up on your pet’s natural needs.